Sleet seeks the unexpected. Make us think. Our crew possesses a wide variety of tastes and styles, from classic to center to edge, but it is craft and passion that drive us.
Sleet is currently open for submissions until August 31, 2022. All work, all topics welcome. In addition, our special theme for the winter edition will be TATTOOS. Do you have one, do you draw them, can you tell us the story behind the tattoo? Do you regret getting inked?
Our Submission Policies
We will accept up to 5 poems, 3 flash, 1 short story or CNF piece, or a small handful of irregulars*.
- • We aim for quick turn around time; we do our best!
- • Please include page numbers in works of fiction.
- • We do not accept novel excerpts.
- • Send work as a single Microsoft Word (.doc,.docx) or Open Document Text (.odt) attachment.
- • Please, no .pdf's or Google docs..
- • We try but cannot guarantee your formatting will translate perfectly on all devices.
- • Include a short bio written in 3rd person, and please provide a short cover letter.
- • Please send us work only once per submission period.
- • Sleet does not pay. We are all volunteers.
Simultaneous Submissions and Previously Published Works
Sleet, wholeheartedly and without reservation, encourages simultaneous submissions. If a piece appears with us first, we do ask that Sleet be credited as its primary place of publication. In addition, we will consider showing previously published work as long as it is identified as such. We do not regard work on a blog or personal website as previously published.
An irregular is a genre-crossing bit of writing — something that overflows borders or maybe never had any. It could be an impression, a vignette, a 1-line flash. A general rule of thumb: If you don't know where to send it, send it here. An irregular should not stray over 500 words. It may be comprised of a single piece or a constellation of work.
Please send submissions to email@example.com
All work is the property of the artist.
“We love Irregulars.”